Sunday 8 January 2012

New year resolutions etc etc

I decided towards the end of 2011 that I had to take myself in hand and loose weight and blitz the house! My poor daughters will inherit an incredible mess if I don't start SOON. Having been through clearing my parents' house and standing in their dining room and getting very angry (I remember shouting very loudly) I have to do something to get rid of the stuff that has accumulated here. However it is now the 7th January and so far I have only cleared my shoes out! There are too many distractions such as the Quilt University class I have signed up for, designing the perfect bag (is there such a thing?) - I printed out 30 sheets (eeks will need more printing ink soon) so I need to sit and read through all of them. I did start to make the class sample yesterday but now need a zip (I hate putting in zips - maybe this will cure me?) so that means a trip to John Lewis at the Mall as I don't think there is anywhere in Thornbury selling such things.
I am also trying to change the way I shop so from now on I will be buying fruit and veg, meat and possibly bread from farm shops or local shops instead of supermarket chains. I had thought of giving up supermarkets altogether but realised I have to buy cat food, loo rolls, washing stuff and so on so maybe a fortnightly or monthly trip will cover that. I discovered the Frome Valley farm shop yesterday which was great, not as good as the one in Farrington Gurney but still a good choice of things.
Phone call from Gwen this morning so need to start booking trip to Avignon in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment