Monday 23 April 2012


Oh dear so much for New Year resolutions - I have become one of those annoying bloggers who forget to keep their blog up to date which is something that doesn't impress me at all. Since January I have been to France for a week, done at least four more quilt classes and even finished one quilt which is now hanging up in Thornbury Town Hall for the Arts Festival, oh and I went to London for the day in March to see the illuminated manuscripts exhibition at the British Library which was excellent but very very busy and so crowded, you had to stand for ages to wait and see the exhibits in the cabinets but they were well worth the wait. As a result I got a great book for my birthday from my two daughters, The Plantagenets which is a very large and heavy book. France was good - I went to a small town outside Avignon with my friend Gwen whom I have known since I was 8 or 9, and two of her French friends. Lovely area with great markets and nice little villages. Eurostar was impressive as was the TGV from Paris to Avignon.

No comments:

Post a Comment